Renee is wearing a Sea Top, Sea Shorts, Birkenstock Sandals, Marc Jacobs Crossbody Bag, Dior Sunglasses, and Jewelry by Jennifer Fisher, Giles & Brother, Phillips House, Plukka, Michelle Chang, and Catbird.
I’ve lived on the UES for several year now, but only recently discovered Carl Schurz Park. It’s in the 80s by East End and is absolutely gorgeous—serene views overlooking the water, beautiful landscaping, and lots of fun events like free movie screenings in the summer and tree lighting ceremonies in the winter. It’s a great place to get away from the crowds in Central Park and just enjoy a peaceful afternoon of picnicking, reading, and sunbathing. I felt right at home exploring the park in my birks!
Proenza Schouler Cropped Jacquard Top $850
We’ve both been on the hunt for the perfect crop top, and this Proenza Schouler number is pretty much straight out of our dreams. It’s that great longish crop length to wear with both skinny jeans (when you want show a tiny bit of skin) and full skirts (when you don’t), and the print is out of control amazing. This is definitely on our wish lists for fall!
Rebecca & Renee
Clockwise from left: Marc Jacobs Beauty Highliner Crayon in Ro(Coco) $25, Giorgio Armani Beauty Eyes to Kill Waterproof Mascara $32, Avene Thermal Spring Water Spray $18, Dior Addict Lip Maximizer $33, Diorshow Fushion Mono in Lune $31, Giorgio Armani Beauty Luminessence CC Cream $50, Fresh Sugar Lemon Candle $55, Giorgio Armani Si Eau De Parfum $115, YSL La Laque Couture Nail Polish in Bleu Celadon $27, L’Occitane Almond Milk Concentrate $49.
Renee and I always reevaluate our skincare and makeup routines every summer (see hers here!). This summer I’ve been obsessed with feeling fresh and naturally glowy. First step is perfect dewy skin, achieved quite elegantly in summer weather by a mixture of spraying Avene thermal water and topping it with a thin layer of BB or CC cream! I love this one by Armani—it feels incredibly light on your skin, but provides as much coverage as a normal foundation. To add some dimension, I add some Dior Lune with my finger to highlight my cheek bones and then sheer light pink blush on top. For the eyes, I’ve been obsessed with Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill mascara (lighter than my usual Lancome but provides the same effect!) and Marc Jacobs Highliner. I got a deluxe sample of Highliner with my insider card during my last Sephora visit, and I haven’t stopped wearing it. The color is a shimmery brown, so it looks natural but also gives a small sheen in the light. The last step is finishing with a spritz of my new favorite sublte-but-sweet fragrance—Si. If you decide to try my newly discovered summer beauty routine, you have to complete it by burning a Fresh candle. Believe me, one whiff and you’ll never go without it!
Clockwise from left: Flybarre, Kale Bowl at The Juice Shop, Smoothies at Juice Generation.
I’m really investing in treating myself right and getting myself healthy—I’ve been trying a lot of different fitness studios around the city and finding my favorite healthy food options. These are my current top five favorite health finds!
1. Flybarre. I’ve tried a lot of different barre classes throughout the city, from PureBarre to Exhale, but I think Flybarre is my favorite. It’s definitely an intense full body workout but I especially love all the ab work. It brings a little bit of a bootcamp feel to barre class—this is definitely a class where you’ll be sweating and feeling your muscles shake. HIGHLY recommend checking it out! The Flatiron studio is especially gorgeous.
2. Juice Generation. All my co-workers know that Juice Generation is my lunch addiction. I usually order the Peanut Butter Split Smoothie with half the peanut butter, no agave, and added spinach. It’s super filling and delicious. I definitely favor smoothies to juices (I think it’s healthier to keep in the fiber) and Juice Generation’s are by far my favorite.
3. The Juice Shop. One of my friends recently introduced me to this cute little shop and I’ve been eating my way through their menu. Their pricing is super reasonable and I am obsessed with their kale bowls (with kale and brown rice or quinoa). The “Spice Market” (chickpeas, butternut squash, yellow squash, zucchini, cauliflower, dried apricots, and spicy Matbucha sauce) is spot on.
4. A Matter Of Health. It seems strange to be obsessed with a grocery store, but A Matter Of Health is literally one of my favorite places to be in the city. They carry a ton of organic, gluten-free, vegan, and just generally healthy options that are hard to find elsewhere, and their pricing is somehow way better than other grocery stores. I always pick up organic produce here and am constantly finding new delicious treats to take home, from vegan chocolate chip cookies to dried goji berries.
5. Sunwarrior. My boyfriend introduced me to Sunwarrior products recently and they take up a large part of our kitchen. From their chocolate protein powder to activated barley, the vegan products are amazing for our morning smoothies and instantly make your body feel better.